The meeting was held at the Darrington Library and president Martha Rasmussen opened with introductions. Steve Somsen gave the treasurer’s report:
- Grand total of three accounts at Coastal Community Bank: $19,384.62
- Membership: 35 active members with 4 due for renewal.
Guest Speakers: Ashley Ross & Adrienne Hall gave a slide presentation outlining plans to restore the USFS Suiattle Guard Station.
- Friends for Public Use (FFPU): Martha discussed road adoptions & reported on “rescues” that can occur when one adopts a road and the value of volunteers and a team effort to keep the roads open for public use. On National Trail Day they will be working again on the 8 mile trail.
- Friends of North Mountain (FONM): Steve Somsen updated us on the restoration efforts and a volunteer (Brian) who has agreed to maintain a presence at the lookout over the summer months. Details of the concrete pier replacement and the engineering design (in process) were also discussed.
- Websites: Martha informed us of the upgrades to the websites darringtonstrong.com and discoverdarrington.com.
- Friends of Fortson: Martha met with Dawn & Gary earlier in the day and reported on current plans for the park and the map that was just submitted to the county.
- Darrington Collaborative: Paul Wagner and Phyllis Reed gave a detailed description of what the Darrington Collaborative is and the status of current projects.
- Darrington Library: Asheley Bryson and reported on upcoming library activities and events.
- Oso Auxiliary: Marla reported on the upcoming garage sale in Oso and the Oso Slide Memorial fund soliciting local donations for the upcoming dinner and auction
Next Meeting June 19, 2019
|In Attendance: Asheley Bryson, Marla Skaglund, Martha Rasmussen, Nels Rasmussen, Paul Wagner, Phyllis Reed, Rick Knight, Steve Somsen, David Bell|