Header Announcement Bar Text. This can be hidden as required.

Darrington Strong logo

Board Meeting, March 21, 2022

The meeting was held at Mt. Loop Books & Coffee and Martha Rasmussen opened the meeting.

Review and Approval of the Year-End Treasury Report:
Steve submitted the treasurer’s year-end report for approval by the board. The report was reviewed and signed by Dave, Rick, Roselie and Steve.

Review and Approval of the Treasurer’s Report:
Steve reported a total of $23,739.52 in all accounts. Dave moved to “approve the current treasurer’s report”, Marla seconded and the motion carried.

Approval of Last Meeting’s Minutes: Steve moved to “approve the minutes of the February 21, 2022 Darrington Strong Board meeting, as written”, Dave seconded and the motion carried.

Unfinished Business:
Darrington Strong Website IT Help: Martha reported that $200.00 from FFPU and $200.00 from Visual Impact will be transferred to the Darrington Strong general fund to make the down-payment to begin work on the website. Kaspar sent Roselie a form to complete and the site will be hosted on the Bluehost platform.

Suiattle Guard Station: Martha reported that we are still waiting on communication from the Darrington Historical Society, who recently held elections.

Earth Day Cleanup: The cleanup is scheduled for April 22, 2022 and will be organized by the Hope Works Vista group. GPI will shuttle students where required. Marla will write an article in the April edition of the Concrete Herald.

New Business:
WCA Account Signatories: Steve moved “to include Savannah Wakeland, as a representative of the WCA, to be a signer on the newly established WCA account”. The motion was amended “to include obtaining an account debit card.” Dave seconded and the motion carried.

AirBnB Workshop: Martha reported that this event is postponed until further notice.

Signatory on all Accounts: Martha reported that she is a signatory on the Darrington Strong account but not on the FONM or WCA accounts. Rick moved “to have the current president of Darrington Strong be a signatory on all Darrington Strong accounts, to include sub-accounts”, Roselie seconded and the motion carried.

Darrington Strong Updates:
Martha reported that she and Savannah met with Kerry Higgins of the Darrington Horse Owners Association to discuss how we can all work together to stimulate interest and volunteerism among the various Darrington groups, since revenues from the Meltdown, the archery competitions and the Cascadia Dirt event will not be forthcoming this year.

Board Members & Guests Present:

Dave Bell
JoAnn Milton
Ken Milton
Marla Skaglund
Martha Rasmussen
Rick Knight
Roselie Rasmussen (via teleconference)
Savannah Wakeland
Steve Somsen